Visit this page to learn about the issues and contact your legislators through email, phone and social media. You can also sign a petition, find your legislative district and sign up to receive text message alerts from NJEA.
- Setting an example for his studentsJames Frazier is a security officer at Burnett Middle School in Union. He and his wife Patricia have working in the district for 21 years and live in town. Their own children are Union graduates. James gets to know his students and their families by serving his community. He is a coach and serves as […] The post Setting an example for his students appeared f […]
- NJEA praises Muoio nominationNJEA today congratulated Assemblywoman Liz Muoio on her nomination as state treasurer and commended Governor-elect Phil Murphy for the quality of his selection. NJEA President Marie Blistan released this statement: “Assemblywoman Muoio is a talented and successful leader who will help guide New Jersey through the many fiscal challenges that the Murphy admini […]
- Murphy win signals era of renewed respectMurphy win signals end to divisive politics. Having endured nearly eight onerous years of combative governance in the Statehouse, NJEA/NJREA members celebrate the election of Phil Murphy as the 56th Governor of New Jersey, along with his running mate Lieutenant Governor-Elect Sheila Oliver. On Nov. 7, New Jersey voters cast their ballots, soundly electing M […]
- Holocaust Commission to coordinate 2018 summer seminar in EuropePartial scholarships available for NJEA members The New Jersey Commission on Holocaust/Genocide Education coordinates an annual summer seminar in Europe for New Jersey educators to visit the sites of the Holocaust. The 2018 program will run from July 18 to Aug. 2, visiting Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, and Holland. Maud Dahme, a member of […] The post […]
- Health benefit rates approvedIn August, the School Employees’ Health Benefits Commission (SEHBC) approved rates for the School Employees’ Health Benefits Program (SEHBP), from which many of our retired members received their benefits, for Plan Year 2018. The post Health benefit rates approved appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]