Visit this page to learn about the issues and contact your legislators through email, phone and social media. You can also sign a petition, find your legislative district and sign up to receive text message alerts from NJEA.
- Parent and community support helps change the tide in Jersey CitySunday afternoon, nearly 300 people descended on the Jersey City Education Association at a “Solidarity Open House” to show solidarity and support for the almost 4000 members who went on strike last Friday. Guests brought food donations for Jersey City families as well as snacks for JCEA members to keep their energy up while out […] The post Parent and comm […]
- Jersey City EA announces tentative agreementSchools to open on schedule Monday Late Sunday evening, the leadership of Jersey City Education Association (JCEA) announced that they had reached a tentative agreement with the Jersey City Board of Education, following more than 20 negotiation sessions and a one-day strike on March 16. The agreement came after more than 13 hours of negotiations […] The post […]
- NJEA officers on JCEA: “Unwavering support”Time for Board of Education to listen and act to get a settlement Over 4,000 members of the Jersey City Education Association have taken a bold stand for economic justice, affordable health care and great public schools for Jersey City’s students and families. JCEA’s action follows months of fruitless attempts by the local union to […] The post NJEA officers […]
- Students can honor school heroesStudents can honor school heroes The post Students can honor school heroes appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- Local students win essay contestAward-winning author Lisa Willever delivers the news in person Most New Jerseyans think their state is terrific, but a group of seven boys in Kim Pagano’s elementary special needs class took it to a new level: They wrote a winning essay, answering the question, “What makes […] The post Local students win essay contest appeared first on Ne […]